Do you like to have fun movie nights at home? My family tries to do one about once a week. We choose a movie, get yummy snacks and drinks, and have a great time together as a family. Occasionally I will do themed movie nights where the food or the plates or the drinks match our movie we are watching.
Since we have been watching a lot of Halloween movies this month, I thought it would be fun to create a monster eye popcorn box. This is easy to make, inexpensive, and lots of fun!
- Popcorn box from World Market
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Googly eyes
To start with, I painted the box with two light coats of glossy black acrylic paint. Since I only am painting the outside of the box, the inside is still food safe.
Allow the box to dry. Acrylic paint doesn’t take long to dry. Check your project after about 10 minutes. Then, simply glue on the Googly eyes in whatever pattern you like.
We are ready to watch any of our spooky movies. It would even be fun to add some glow in the dark paint around the eyes! A fun twist would be to add candy eyes to your popcorn you make.
This post is part of the Halloween Popcorn Box Party 2016 hosted by Laura Kelly.
Enter to win:
- $50 World Market Gift Card
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (or Ellison Superstar) and Laura Kelly Dies – Value $100
- Adorn It Planner Kit (Planner, Laura Kelly Papers and Stickers) – Value $65
- Udderly Smooth Prize Pack with Hat and Mug – Value $75
- DIY with Laura Kelly Crafty Stash (Kunin Felt, Expressionery Stamp, Expo International Pom Pom Trims and Tombow Products) – Value $100
Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Laura’s Crafty Life is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill prizes. Contest will run until October 22, 2016 at midnight.
You may also like: