I have been doing boy birthday parties for four years now. Eight years, if you include the parties I have done for my husband since we started dating. So, for my daughter’s first birthday I wanted to do something PINK, but not to theme-y. I know we will have plenty of time for Dora, Barbie, and those types of parties as she gets older. So I thought a fun idea would be a cupcake theme.
I hand made the invitations to fit a standard No. 10 size envelope.
To make the invitations:
- Base. Cut pink textured cardstock for the base (4″ x 9 1/4″).
- Party details. I created a word document with all the party details in pink and brown using the font, ‘Gigi’, and printed them on plain white cardstock. (I was able to get 3 invitations per one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock.) Cut to 3 1/2″ x 8 3/4″. This allowed for a 1/4″ border of the pink cardstock. I adhered the white pieces to the pink pieces using my tape runner.
- Cupcakes. I used the ‘Sweet Treats‘ cartridge on my Cricut to cut out the little cupcakes in pink and brown cardstock on the bottom. I embellished each one with a little bit of glitter in the center of the flower. I attached the cupcakes using a glue dot.
For the kid’s favors, I used cellophane bags that each included a ring pop, My Little Pony fruit snacks, Brachs candy hearts, and a Chinese finger puzzle. I created another paper cupcake using my Cricut and the ‘Sweet Treats’ cartridge and attached it using a pink staple.
|Close up of the paper cupcake. I embellished each cupcake|
with glitter glue at the top scalloped edge. I then wrote each child’s
name on the cupcake.
|Above the table|
|Pink polka dot paper for the number ‘1’|
Yellow paper for the flame, embellished with glitter glue
|Table with all the food on it|
- Hamburgers and hot dogs
- Deviled eggs
- Veggie tray with Fiesta Ranch Dip by Hidden Valley (you should try this stuff)
- Fruit salad
- Homeade chex mix
- Cucumber water
- Sun tea
- Fruit punch (Hawaiin Punch, Sprite and Pineapple Juice)
|Cupcakes were made with boxed cake mix, and homemade|
buttercream frosting, tinted pink. I found some cute brown
and pink wrappers with cupcakes on them at Walmart.
|Birthday girl about to enjoy her cupcake in|
her birthday crown. See that super cute candle?
Got it at Walmart of all places! (They have them in
blue as well).
|Our kitten, Smeagol, enjoying all the tissue paper|
|My baby, Olivia, is One!! :)|
(And for those of you who know me, yes, Olivia’s party was in January and I am just posting about it now. Better late than never, right!)
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Not Just a Housewife – Show Me What Ya Got #34
Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice @ Seven Thirty Three
The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday
Tatertots and Jello: Weekend Wrap Up Party
© copyright 2013 – All rights reserved