The kitchen remodel is coming along – s.l.o.w.l.y. But we have made some progress. Since we are doing everything ourselves and we have small kids, everything takes longer than you think it will. Time and money can be hard to come by as a new family working on a kitchen makeover.
Here is what we have done so far:
- Joint tape and 3 coats of spackle (plus sanding) on majority of kitchen seams
- Stained and polyurethane the random cabinet added by the previous homeowner that was bare wood
- Ripped off the ugly dark green tile around edge of counter top and backsplash – all I can say about that is that it was super gross
- Ordered new cabinet hardware from eBay for $82.50 – 46 hinges, 11 knobs, and 23 pulls
Items to complete in the kitchen:
- Finish spackling a few spots – like where we ripped off the tile backsplash
- Paint trim around windows and ceiling
- Prime the walls
- Paint the walls
- Install (after priming and painting) new baseboard trim
- Attach new cabinet hardware
- Rip off old laminate on counters
- Tile counter tops and backsplash
Slow and steady wins the race!