Farmhouse Style Love Sign. Create a pretty farmhouse style love sign from an inexpensive wood sign from Dollar Tree.
Are you decorating for Valentine’s Day? My daughter’s birthday is over and I am slowly adding some “love”-ly decor to our dining room.
I have a tiered tray and our pallet gallery wall shelves that always get holiday or seasonal decor.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge. Please read my full disclosure policy here.
How to Make a Farmhouse Style Love Sign
Today, I am going to show you how I transformed a plain wood LOVE sign from Dollar Tree into a pretty farmhouse-style sign.
- Wooden Love Sign
- White Paint
- Antique Home Decor Wax or Paint (for distressing)
- Mini Heart Grapevine Wreath
- Glue Gun
Start by painting the love sign white. I love to use white chalk paint for these types of projects, but any white paint will do.
Next, we are going to add some distressing. You can do this either by sanding some of the white paint away or by dry brushing brown paint on the sign.
I chose to use a brown wax and a chalk paint brush to distress my sign.
You can add as much (or as little) distressing as you want! If you end up adding too much brown, wait for it to dry, and brush white paint over the brown. Continue this process until the sign looks how you want it to.
After everything has dried thoroughly, hot glue moss around the O in the love sign.
Then, hot glue the heart wreath on top of the moss.
RELATED: More Dollar Tree Crafts
I love how this little wooden sign turned out. And since I used white paint rather than pink or red for Valentine’s Day specifically, I can use this sign with my decor year-round.
Creative Crafts – Valentine’s Day Edition
This craft is part of Creative Crafts Valentine Edition. Creative Crafts is a series hosted by Me and My INKlings, Creatively Beth, Bella Crafts Publishing, and Artsy Fartsy Mama. Some of your favorite crafters come together to create crafts around a specific theme! Check the posts below for more last-minute valentine’s craft ideas.
- Laura from Me and My INKlings is sharing a Free Printable for Valentine’s Day Snowman Soup along with the recipe
- Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama has a fun and flirty set of Chocolate is My Valentine Cupcake Toppers to download for free
- Smitha from Smiling Colors is sharing an Organic Heart Pattern Journal Page that she water colored with Tombow
- Shani from Sunshine and Munchkins has created a Free Printable Valentine’s Day Joke Decoding Activity
- Justine from Little Dove has created Heart Shaped Bath Bombs with a surprise inside plus a Free Printable Tag for Gifting
- Erica from Five Little Monsters is sharing the sweetest Heart Shaped Crocheted Treat Bag including the complete pattern
- Kelsey from Poofy Cheeks has the full step-by-step tutorial for a DIY Snow Globe Tumbler and we are all obsessed
- Beth with Creatively Beth is sharing the instructions for a Buffalo Plaid Love Heart Sign with supplies from Dollar Tree
- Liz from Liz on Call has created a Lace Heart of Hearts Free SVG Cut File for all you Valentine’s Day crafting needs
- Kimberly from Crafting Cheerfully is sharing a set of Valentine’s Day Cards for Sewers and Crafters that are so clever
- Ginger from Ginger Snap Crafts has created a super cute I’m with Cupid Sign with Free SVG Cut File for Valentine’s Day
- Teresa from Simply Made Fun is sharing a tutorial for lovely Faux Leather Valentine Heart Earrings and the SVG Cut File
- Elise from Polka Dot Blue Jay has created adorable Love Bug Cupcake Toppers that are perfect for all your Valentine treats
- Heather from Homemade Heather is sharing Easy Origami Heart Printables complete with the step-by-step directions
- Laura from Me and My INKlings has created a Valentine’s Day DIY Cork Message Board with a pretty ribbon loop border
Enter to win 3 Art Bin storage drawers.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may also like: