I am excited to be participating in the Happy Harry Potter 2016 series at Rae Gun Ramblings. If you are a huge Harry Potter fan like me, you need to go over and check out all the posts – so many fun crafts! I thought it would be fun to make a t-shirt since I love to make customized shirts. They are easy and quick to make, and who can’t use more shirts?! One of my favorite spells from Harry Potter is ‘Expecto Patronum’. This spell conjures up the spell casters patronus. Since Harry is my fave, I chose to add a stag to my shirt.
This post contains affiliate links. Please my full disclosure policy here.
To get started you will cut out the design on your Cricut Explore. I chose Harry Potter’s Patronus – the stag – but you could easily change it to be any other animal that you want, like Hermione’s otter, Ron’s Jack Russell Terrier, or Albus Dumbledore’s phoenix.
Cricut Design Space File: Expecto Patronum Shirt
Note: Remember to click “Mirror Image (for iron-on) after you click go when previewing your design on the cutting mat. If you don’t, your letters will be backwards and you will waste your glitter vinyl.
Weed out all the excess vinyl from the plastic backing on your vinyl.
Position your design on your shirt and iron according to the manufacturer’s directions for your iron-on vinyl.
Now, you are ready to cast your spell! The glitter iron-on is so awesome in person but really hard to photograph.
You may also like:
Prize Pack #2
See more about each prize and sponsor at this giveaway post and be sure to enter the other equally awesome prize pack while you’re there! Winner must have a US address or be willing to pay for international shipping. (Laura’s Crafty Life is not responsible for hosting this giveaway.)
- Black Wand Holster and Magic Wand (toddler, child, and adult sizes available)
- Character Shirt (Choice of Snape, Hermione, or Luna)
- Make Love Not Horcruxes Book Bag
- Words are Magic Quote Pillow
- The Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter
- Personalized Hogwarts Acceptance Letter
- World of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit
- One Dozen Harry Potter Cookies
- Hedwig Owl Post Necklace
- Lit Joy Crate June Box
- Harry Potter Character Funko of Choice (restrictions apply)
- 10$ Worth of Harry Potter Art Prints
- Classic Maillot Swimsuit SEWING PATTERN