Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate and design team member for Life-n-Reflection. I have received product to review. All opinions are my own.
This month from Life-n-Reflection I tried out some more overlays. I love taking pictures of nature and the flowers around my home. There are different flowers the bloom in the fall that we don’t have until this time each year. Using Kristy’s overlays make my pictures look even better without much effort or editing.
I will show you how I used the 4 overlays to enhance the pictures of flowers in my garden. You will see the before picture, then the after picture, followed by the instructions for each one in Photoshop Elements.
- Layer enchanted overlay 1 over your photo
- Reduce the opacity to 85%
- Layer enchanted overlay 2 over your photo
- Select the multiply blending mode
- Layer enchanted overlay 3 over photo
- Reduce opacity to 75%
- Remove color cast (using guided edits)
- Lighten photo (using guided edits)
- Layer enchanted overlay 4 over photo
The fourth picture was the only one in which I actually edited the original photo. The first three were the pictures straight from my camera.
If you need more guidance about how to add textures to your photos, Kristy has a great video: A Quick Artist Touch to Photos
To see more of Kristy’s designs, you can find her here: