Updated on March 2, 2023
Balloon Party Wreath. Learn how to create a fun and festive wreath for any party using balloons and a styrofoam wreath form.
I love to make wreaths. They are a fun way to decorate to celebrate different holidays and seasons.
Today, I will show you how easy it is to create a balloon wreath you can use for any celebration. Since you can buy balloons in just about any color, you can customize this wreath to fit your theme.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge. Please read my full disclosure policy.
How to Make a Balloon Wreath
This project is so easy, it almost doesn’t even need a tutorial! I found all my supplies at Dollar Tree, but you can find balloons online or at most general-purpose stores.
To attach the balloons to the wreath, I added a dot of hot glue to the wreath form and pressed the middle of the balloon into the glue.
Hold it there for a few seconds, and then continue working your way around the wreath form, adding balloons.
I started by adding my larger balloons first. I used both 12 inch and 9-inch balloons for this project.
RELATED: More DIY Wreath Ideas
As I got closer to being done, I would shake out the wreath a little to see where I had open spots, and I added more balloons, as needed. You can see in the photo above there was still quite a bit of styrofoam showing.
So the glue didn’t get stuck to all the other balloons, I would pull them away from the area I was adding more glue to before adding another balloon.
In total, I used 6 bags of balloons – 2 bags of 24 9-inch balloons, and 4 bags of 15 12-inch balloons. My wreath form is about 10 inches.
I decided to use all different color balloons for my wreath to hang up for birthdays, but you could easily choose 2-3 colors to match a theme for a bridal shower, baby shower, or other events.
Note: I chose to use hot glue to attach the balloons because it was what I had on hand. You could also use floral pins or straight pins to attach the balloons. To do that, you would poke the pin through the middle of the balloon and then poke the pin into the wreath to hold the balloon in place.
Creative Crafts – Kids Party Crafts Edition
This craft is part of Creative Crafts Kids Party Crafts Edition. Creative Crafts is a series hosted by Me and My INKlings, Creatively Beth, Bella Crafts Publishing, and Artsy Fartsy Mama. Some of your favorite crafters come together to create crafts around a specific theme! Check the posts below for more kid’s party craft ideas.
- Laura from Me and My INKlings has created the CUTEST Confetti Birthday Party Hats with just three supplies
- Smitha from Smiling Colors is sharing YUMMY Kawaii Inspired Sprinkle Donut Notebooks, great for goodie bags
- Shani from Sunshine and Munchkins is sharing a Free Printable Encanto Birthday Party Fortune Teller
- Erica from 5 Little Monsters has created Free Printable Party Favor Thank You Tags, perfect for goodie bags
- Kelsey from Poofy Cheeks is sharing a Free SVG Cut File to make adorable Paper Pinwheel Decorations
- Justin from Little Dove has created a FABULOUS DIY Rainbow Mini Pinata Craft with a step-by-step tutorial!
- Beth with Creatively Beth is sharing some colorful DIY Tie Dye Ideas for Birthday Party FUN
- Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama has created a Party Animal Coloring Page Tote Bag, two crafts in one
- Liz from Liz on Call is sharing how to make Candy-Filled Cupcake Birthday Party Favors – BRILLIANT!
- Kimberly from Crafting Cheerfully has created a whimsical Paper Cupcake Banner that is totally customizable
- Ginger from Ginger snap Crafts is sharing a Personalized Beach Ball Party Favor, for all those pool parties
- Elise from Polka Dotted Blue Jay has created Easy Birthday Party Inspired Cupcake Decorations
- Heather from Homemade Heather is sharing Cupcake Decorated Sugar Cookies and a Free Printable Tag
Enter to win a Red Heart Yarn Pom Pom and Tassel Maker with 8 Skeins of Rainbow Colored Red Heart Yarn courtesy of Coats and Clarka Rafflecopter giveaway
You may also like: