Updated on July 21, 2023
Morning Routine Printable. Set up your child’s morning for success with an easy to read morning routine checklist. It includes both pictures and words to help budding readers.
Today was my son’s first day of school. Last year, when he started kindergarten, I wanted to be sure our mornings got started off right. I made a printable checklist so he could see exactly what needed to be done each morning.
** NEWLY UPDATED FOR 2023 **
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge. Please read my full disclosure policy.
I had it all printed out the night before and we went over it, so he knew just what to do. He was still in the very early stages of reading, so I included pictures and words to help him use the chart on his own.
Once printed, I laminated it so we can use a dry erase marker to check things off! It was so cute the first morning because he was so excited to start school he did everything on his list without me even saying anything to him.
We are using the same list again this year and it worked out great again this morning!
Tips for a smooth morning:
- A calm morning starts the night before:
- Lay out clothes and shoes.
- Pack all backpacks.
- Pack lunches, or lay out everything you will need in the morning to prepare your child’s lunch.
- Allow your child plenty of time to complete everything that needs to be done. If you know it takes him 5 minutes to tie his shoes, don’t have him put them on one minute before you are leaving.
- If your child is not a morning person and has a hard time waking up, allow even more time!
- Wake up yourself fifteen minutes to half an hour before your child, so you have time to wake up and have a cup of coffee in peace.
Free Kids Morning Routine Printable
Download: Morning Routine Printable
This download is for personal use only. Do not share the direct link to the .pdf/.jpg file. Please link back to the original post when sharing.
*UPDATE* I created a new morning printable for older children without pictures.
You may also like: