Ninjago Cupcake Liners

I was going to make a Ninjago cake for the party, but I knew it would be too small to feed all the people coming to the party, so I knew I needed some cupcakes, too! I used the same tutorial I used for last year’s Lego Batman party cupcakes.

I once again used the cupcake liner template from Skip to My Lou. Cut out all your liners from card stock. Since we are sticking with a green theme for this party, I used a light lime green colored card stock.  Once you have all the liners cut, glue them using a strong adhesive or glue dots. (I found that regular scrapbook tape adhesive wouldn’t hold these very well. They kept coming apart!)
Next, I created some Ninjago eyes on the computer. I printed them on sticker paper and cut them out. Since they were already stickers, I just attached them to the front of the liner using the adhesive back.

I frosted the cupcakes using my go to buttercream frosting recipe from Wilton. I dyed the icing a light lime green to match the cupcake liners. I love how these liners can be made ahead of time and that they add such a great impact to the party table with very little effort!

Download printable ninjago eyes (This printable is for personal use only. I would love for you to share these, but please link back to the original post and do not host them on your own site.)

© copyright 2013 – All rights reserved

Thank you for reading Laura’s Crafty Life!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Laura Silva

Laura's Crafty Life is a craft blog that was created to share my love of crafting and to hopefully inspire you to get out there and craft! You will find DIY projects, scrapbooking, jewelry making, sewing, and party planning ideas. http://www.laurascraftylife.com
Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Ninjago Cupcake Liners

1. These are too stinkin’ cute! Almost too cute to eat!

2. gale says:

These are so cute! At first it looked 3d, like the eyes were behind the green.

3. This link caught my eye on Sugar Bee crafts because I was sharing my own Lego party posts – it is such a cute idea! I’ll be pinning this even though we’ve had our Lego party, so that my followers can be inspired.

Really pleased I found your blog. I’m following you via GFC and Pinterest now :)

• Thanks Angela! My son loves Legos. We did a Lego Batman party last year before they even had the Batman Legos out. The only thing we had was the game, so I had to be creative in making things from scratch! Have a great week! :)

4. My kids would love these! Pinning this so I can find it again later (closer to their birthday)

5. Love these! My son is obsessed with Ninjago (Nin- JAH-go? Nin-ja- GO?) Thanks for sharing this idea and the download!

6. Amanda says:

Okay, my kids are freaking out right now over these…like as I type! Fantastic idea!!

7. These guys are just adorable! I think adults should start having themed parties like this too!

8. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts – you were featured today!
    –Mandy, http://www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

9. these are absolutely darling! I hope you’ll add this up to my what we wore, read and made link party :)

10. SO cute – my son loves Ninjagos!! AND I have this same green card stock! Perfect! Coming over from the Create. Craft. Love. party! I posted right next to you – so glad I did! Off to follow on FB & Twitter. :)
    Claire

• Thanks so much Claire! Ninjagos and Legos are so popular with little boys! We have done two Lego parties. I am curious if this year we will end up doing a third! My son is pretty excited for the new Chima Legos. :)

11. How cute! I am pinning these for the future =) I am visiting from Create. Craft. Love

12. These are so great! Definitely pinning for the future!

Angela

13. lizy b says:

These are adorable! So simple but what a great accent to a ninjago party!

14. Margo says:

So cute, my little guy would love these!

15. Fender's Mom says:

My son is loving Ninjago right now! What a cute idea!

16. I screamed when I saw this–how awesome!
    Love for you to stop by and check out some of my project:
    Also, I host and “oldies” link party on Tuesdays–a way to get come traffic out of our awesome, but old projects we posted long ago.
    Hope to see you there–and excited to be following you via rss.
    Nancy

17. Lisa says:

These are fantastic! I will be making them for my boy. Just a question: Do you make the cupcakes in regular white liners and then how do you attach the liners with the eyes? Thanks!

18. CHRISTINE says:

Hi Lisa, sorry for the silly question, but do these liners have bottoms? Do the cupcakes sit on top of these liners or does it just wrap around them?

19. CHRISTINE says: