Here is what we have done so far:
- Joint tape and 3 coats of spackle (plus sanding) on majority of kitchen seams
- Stained and polyurethane on random cabinet added by previous homeowner that was bare wood
- Ripped off the ugly dark green tile around edge of counter top and backsplash - all I can say about that is "gross!"
- Ordered new cabinet hardware off of eBay - spent only $82.50 on all of it and we needed 46 hinges, 11 knobs and 23 pulls, so pretty good I think
Still to go on the kitchen:
- Finish spackling a few spots - like where we ripped off the tile backsplash
- Paint trim around windows and ceiling
- Prime the walls
- Paint the walls
- Install (after priming and painting) new baseboard trim
- Attach new cabinet hardware
- Rip off old laminate on counters
- Tile counter tops and backsplash
Slow and steady wins the race!