Back in July I wrote a post about trying to complete my unfinished projects before taking on anything new. The list is long, and not much has gotten crossed off. I made a promise to myself to not add new things to my crafty to-do list until at least 75% of that list was completed.
I did have to make an exception for some gifting things I have made as well as some party planning, like my son’s Lego Batman party. Now that the party is over, I can once again focus on getting some things checked off my list.
This has got to be one of the easiest projects out there, but makes such a great impact for decorating. It can be adapted for any season, holiday or occasion, just by what you fill the jars with. I think that must be why they are so popular all over blog-land. Oh, and did I mention this is a very inexpensive project as well?
- Adhesive remover
- E6000 glue
- Glass jars/vases
- Glass candlesticks
Remove the stickers with adhesive remover, being sure to completely clean off any residue of stickiness and/or adhesive remover. I used Goo Gone and my Cricut scraper. Then I washed the jars and candlesticks in hot, soapy water.
Using your E6000 glue, apply a layer of glue around the top edge of the candle holder.
Place your candlestick holder onto the center of the bottom of your jar. Since the glue is clear, you have some room to move it around a little bit in case you don’t get it in just the right spot the first time. Allow the glue to cure for 24 hours.
That is it! Super easy, and so fun to decorate with. I literally did all three jars in about 5 minutes. The longest part was waiting for the Goo Gone to work it’s magic and take the stickers off of the jars!
Here is how I have them decorated for fall/Thanksgiving:
|Leaves from the dollar store|
|Rocks from the dollar store and some branches I had laying around in my fake flower stash|
|Scrapbook paper cut to fit the height of a jar|
You can make as many as you like of these, in pretty much any size glass jar/vase you can find. Groups of 3 or 5 tend to be the most visually appealing. Mine are all the same size because that is what Dollar Tree had at the time. I may try to find a bigger and smaller one to add for some variety in the future. And since I bought these at the Dollar Tree, each component was only $1.00. So each jar ended up costing me $2.00 a piece! (I had the E6000 on hand already.)
Linked up here: