Tiered Serving Stand

I have seen these all over blogland and keep thinking how cute they are! Come to find out they are super easy to make! The cost of materials is low, also. You could potentially get everything from the dollar store (except for the E6000 glue).

Materials Needed:

• E6000 Glue
  • 2 – 3 Melamine platters in different sizes and coordinating colors
  • Candlesticks
I got my platter/plates at Walmart. They were only a couple of dollars a piece. I got the glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree. Each one was only $1.00! And of course, I have my trusty E6000 glue. I think this stuff is pretty toxic, but it sure does work great on a variety of projects. I just used it the other day to glue my son’s plastic toy ax back together. Just be sure to work in a well ventilated area.
Step One:
Glue your candlestick upside down to the top smallest plate. (I chose to use the candlestick upside down to provide more stability under the plate, as well as have less of it showing on the plate below. This leaves more room to put things on the tray. But really you could use it either way!) After each step I allowed the glue to dry for a few minutes. You can still move it around for a while as it takes 24 hours to cure.

Step Two:
Glue the top of the candlestick to the next biggest plate. I used a dry erase marker to mark where the candlestick would go. You could also just eyeball it. Wipe off the dry erase marker after the glue has set up.

Step Three
Repeat steps one and two to attach another plate, if you want!

Step Four:

Enjoy your new serving tray!

Top View

I am still on the fence as to whether or not I want to add another candlestick to the bottom of the whole thing.

Here is what it looks like without it:

And here is with it: (not glued down yet)

What do you think??

Linked up here:

The Shabby Nest Tip Junkie handmade projects

Tatertots and Jello
The Girl Creative

© copyright 2013 – All rights reserved

Thank you for reading Laura’s Crafty Life!

About Laura Silva

Laura's Crafty Life is a craft blog that was created to share my love of crafting and to hopefully inspire you to get out there and craft! You will find DIY projects, scrapbooking, jewelry making, sewing, and party planning ideas. http://www.laurascraftylife.com
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tiered Serving Stand

1. Suburbsmama says:

very cute. I love tiered trays

2. Tracy says:

That looks great! I love the look with the candlestick on the bottom. It looks like a great summer dessert tray, or appetizer tray. Target had some of those style plates on clearance this week, might have to go back and get them!
    -Tracy @ Ruffle Art

3. Very cute! I love seeing these cake stand ideas because everyone has a different mix of ideas and plates fun

4. Christina says:

I love these plates together, nice job! I must get some E6000 glue and try this soon.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

5. Wanda says:

Adorable! Gotta make, soon!

6. HI THERE! says:

I really like your mix of colors and patterns – so fun! I think I like it better without the other candle stick on the bottom but it looks cute either way. Now you just need to fill it up with yummy treats!
    Jenn :)

7. Marcia Henderson says:

Love this, I am making some platters for my daughter’s birthday party.

I like it both ways with and without the bottom

8. Deb Molnar says:

I’ve been looking for cheap glass candlesticks everywhere–our Dollar stores are pretty lousy, and we don’t have a Dollar tree in our town. I’ll just keep on hunting! Resale stores in our area don’t have them, either, or Goodwill.

• Laura Silva says:

So sorry you can’t find them! Our Dollar Tree almost always has them. But I know each store is a little different. I am also surprised you are not finding any at the thrift stores! Good luck on finding them. Maybe try your local craft store and use a coupon? xo, Laura